Gas Safety Training & ACS
Do You Want to Take Control for Your Career?
Help fulfill the gap in Gas Safe Registered Gas Engineers with a new career in the gas industry. Are you ready for the responsibility and rewards of becoming a gas engineer? Mr Engineers Partners at GE Training offer courses for both experienced plumbers and new entrants.
Complete Certification for Your New Gas Career
Our certification package includes CCN1 (now includes CPA1), CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1. We offer MET1 as an optional extra. Training is not a prerequisite for assessment. Please call 02036331211 or contact us for more information on new entrant courses.
6 Week Domestic Gas Safety Training – Cert-ain Gas Diploma Certificate
This 6 week long Gas course is essential training and assessment for (these specific) candidates looking to gain access to the Gas Industry. Gas training is a mandatory part of becoming Gas Safe registered.
This training programme will provide you with a great insight into the Gas industry and present you with an understanding of the guidelines and regulations which currently govern the ACS scheme.
During this period of gas training, we will cover basic heating systems and heating controls, gas appliance functions and basic principles of flues and combustion to give candidates the knowledge required to move forward to the next aspect of this Gas course.
In addition, we will cover:
- Water Heaters
- Gas Fires
As you progress through the weeks, the gas course will develop and you will receive training in:
- Cutting and measuring copper tube accurately
- Pipe-work preparation for soldering
- Soldering techniques / Practicing soldering / soldering assessments
- Cutting assembling and soldering practice frames to specific dimensions
- How to assemble compression fittings / compression fitting assessments
- The use of different types of jointing pastes for compression jointing
- Cutting assembling and jointing compression fittings frames to specific dimensions
- Cutting and treading low carbon steel pipe
- Jointing steel pipe
- The use of different fittings on steel pipe
- All pipe-work is tested to 3 bar for 3 min
- Hot and cold water theory
- Heating Controls – theory
- Different types of heating systems
- Different types of heating controls and their functions
- Fixing a simulated combination boiler
- Fixing all necessary pipework
- Tightness Testing
- Pipework requirements
- Pipe sizing
- Gas rates / Heat inputs
- Appliance installation and servicing
- Unsafe situations
In addition you will undertake written exams and practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be provided with a Cert-ain Portfolio Matrix and guidance for completion.
This Course is ideal For those who hold Plumbing qualifications but are new entrants to the gas industry or Entrants without any plumbing qualification, this Cert-ain Gas Diploma Certificate covers all aspects of domestic gas work and gas safety which will prepare you for working on various gas appliances. This new entrant’s gas training course is a real mix of workshop and classroom study to ensure that all aspects of domestic gas and related appliances are covered. Progress is monitored with regular practical and written assessments and all evidence is recorded and retained for any Governing body to view at any time; these strict control methods safeguard all candidates and assessors and ensure that accurate, quality Gas training is delivered.
*If candidates fail to achieve the required level of competency in either the practical or theory assessment, it may be necessary for them to re-sit the sections which they have failed. If this situation arises an additional cost will be incurred.*