What is a Boiler Service?
A boiler service will include of a full check of a gas boiler. The engineer will assess the physical condition of the boiler, installation pipework, air vents and any flues for wear and tear. They will carry out performance tests and take any necessary remedial action.
Gas Safe highly recommends boilers should be serviced regularly. Servicing your gas boiler regularly will make sure they are safe to use. It will also maintain your boiler efficiency, performance and also some boiler makes such as Valliant require an annual service to validate the warranty.
Signs that your appliances need servicing?
Gas Boilers should be serviced regularly but if you notice any of the warning signs below you should arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to service your appliance as soon as possible:
- Your gas appliance is not working properly*
- Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame
- You can see black marks or stains on or around your gas appliances
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room
*A boiler service, may remedy low pressure issues, or a blocked condensation trap. If your boiler is leaking, does not provide you with heating or hot water, or is not turning on you we strongly recommend to use our Boiler Repair service.
Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal and is caused by faulty or poorly maintained appliances. It is vital that you get your boiler and gas appliances inspected and serviced annually to make sure they are working as safely and efficiently as possible.
What will the engineer do during the service?
When servicing a boiler we carry out the following:-
- Clean burners and heat exchanger (if required)
- Check Co2 and Co levels with a Combustion Analyser
- Clean the condensation trap
- Check gas burner pressure
- Check flue
- Flame picture check
- Water pressure
- Check expansion vessel and pressure release valve
- Visual check for leaks
- Visual check of appliance seals and casing
- Correct operation of safety devices
The cost of any remedial work, diagnostics, repair or parts needed for any fault, which is found before or during the boiler service will be reported to the responsible person and a special discount will be calculated if booked for the available date and time slot. Any maintenance or remedial work is your responsibility and does not form part of boiler service. Such work will need to be completed at your cost.
Boiler Service only £70 + Landlord Gas Safety Certificate for free
- All our engineers are accredited with all the major governing bodies which include Gas Safe
- 24 hour turnaround – CP12 certificate produced on same day, if required
- Fixed fee – no hidden costs
- All our engineers are fully insured
Booking and Payment Options
Our aim is to make a your life easier including the way you ‘Book your inspections’.